Two-Year Associate of Applied Science Degree
The Early Childhood Educator Emphasis AAS degree is offered to those seeking employment in educational occupations.
Students are provided with a well-rounded and diverse education that consists of collegiate-level general education coursework and a core of technical courses in the fields of child development and education. Students gain practical experience by completing cooperative work experience and supervised practicum in local schools, child care centers, and agencies that serve children and families.
For more information about the program, please see our program page: www.klamathcc.edu/ece
Credit for Prior Learning
This program may provide prior learning credit and extended learning opportunities for persons previously or currently employed in related professions.
For more information: https://www.klamathcc.edu/cpl
Special Accreditation Information
This program has special accreditation, certification, or approval from professional organizations.
For more information: https://www.klamathcc.edu/accreditation
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Create developmentally and culturally appropriate learning environments and curricula to foster individual growth and social-emotional development of learners.
- Identify and teach the inclusion of race, gender, ability, age, language, family composition, culture, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and religion.
- Explain the complex characteristics of families and communities as well as the social, emotional, cognitive, and physical aspects of growth and development.
- Demonstrate an understanding of observation techniques, assessment tools, documentation procedures as well as school and community resources to inform instruction for all learners.
- Apply developmentally and culturally appropriate teaching and guidance theories, principles, and practices ensuring that learners will be stimulated and challenged with meaningful curriculum.
- Demonstrate behavior reflective of ethical guidelines and professional practices.