Tuition is based upon student classification. Tuition for non-credit classes varies. Non-credit classes and their corresponding fees are published in the class schedule each term.
Upon registering for a class, students incur a financial responsibility to the College. Class tuition and fees are due the first Friday of each term. Because tuition rates, fees, and refunds are subject to change, current information is published in the class schedule each term. Tuition for auditing a course is the same as regular credit class enrollment. Tuition and fees are established by the Klamath Community College Board of Education and are subject to change without notice.
Type of Tuition (Price per Credit)
Standard Courses: $96.50 plus applicable fees (lecture courses only)
Combined Format Courses: $141.00 (lecture and lab combined)
Lab Courses: $208.00 plus applicable fees (lab courses only; indicated in the course description)
For tuition purposes, Oregon residents and residents of California, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, and Washington are charged at the in-state resident rate.
Standard Courses: $174.50 plus applicable fees (lecture courses only)
Combined Format Courses: $219.00 (lecture and lab combined)
Lab Courses: $286.00 plus applicable fees (lab courses only; indicated in the course description)
For tuition purposes, this rate applies to students who reside in states other than those listed above.
Standard Courses: $204.50 plus applicable fees (lecture courses only)
Combined Format Courses: $249.00 (lecture and lab combined)
Lab Courses: $316.00 plus applicable fees (lab courses only; indicated in the course description)
For tuition purposes, this rate applies to students who are a citizen of another country legally residing in the United States on other than an immigrant visa.
Please note that tuition and fees are subject to change upon Board approval for the 2017-18 academic year.
Oregon residents 65 years of age and older are eligible for a tuition waiver for KCC credit classes based on the following conditions:
- The student must have a current term application on file in order to register. The admissions application deadline is the Wednesday before the term begins. (Under certain circumstances, KCC may close admission prior to this deadline. Students are encouraged to apply early.)
- The student must be 65 years old or older at the time of registration. Verification of age is required.
- Space is available in the course(s). Students may only add courses under this policy during the first week of the term. Instructor permission is required.
- Tuition waiver does not apply to Workforce Education or Community Education courses.
- The tuition waiver is valid for eight or fewer credits per term.
- Course(s) cannot be taken for credit. The student must audit the course(s).
- Federal financial aid is not available for audited courses.
- The student is responsible for all fees (application fee, student fees, course fees, lab fees, etc.)
- Tuition waiver forms will not be accepted after 5:00 p.m. on the Friday of the first week of class.
Students requesting a tuition waiver must register in person and complete a tuition waiver form (available in Enrollment Services). At the time of tuition waiver form submission, students must show photo identification that includes date of birth. All fees must be paid in full by 5:00 p.m. on the Friday of the first week of the applicable term in order to avoid late payment fees.
High School Students
Call (541) 882-3521 for details.
Student I.D. (per term): $5.00
Covers the costs of issuing student identification. This is a non-refundable fee and is charged each academic term.
Technology (per credit): $8.00
The technology fee helps provide the most up-to-date technology services for students.
Facility (per credit): $8.40
This facility use fee helps offset the cost of new campus construction.
ASKCC Student Government (per credit): $2.50
Assessed to students in credit courses to pay for events, activities, scholarships, etc.
A one-time fee assessed to all new degree-seeking KCC students.
Distance Education (per credit): $16.50
Assessed to students who are taking online classes.
Lake County (per credit based on tuition type): $14.50 (standard) / $21.15 (combined format) / $31.20 (lab)
Assessed to students residing in Lake County.
Late fee: $25.00
A late fee will be assessed on student accounts which are past due. This fee may be assessed up to three times during the term.
Installment plan: $10.00
This fee will be assessed to students who participate in the installment plan.
Returned check fee: $25.00
This fee will be assessed on all checks returned to the College for insufficient funds or any other reason. This fee is subject to change on an annual basis.
Testing is done by appointment only. Appointments can be made by calling (541) 880-2334. Other State of Oregon licensing tests are offered. Please call for details.
If an individual takes a specific test through KCC, charges are as follows:
Credit for Prior Learning:
Credit- By Exam (CLEP, DANTES, etc)
$35 per course
Military Credit (ACE Credit Recommendation Service)
$35 per course
MyMathTest (Math) or Accuplacer (Writing) Placement Test: No fee
Distance Education Test: $20.00
Various Vocational Test: $20.00*
* Additional fees may apply according to the third-party agency or vendor associated with the given test.
It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that payment is made by the required date.
KCC accepts most traditional forms of payment including cash (U.S. dollars only), checks, money orders, Mastercard, VISA, Discover, and debit cards. Payments can be made in person to our cashier, online, or by sending a check by mail to: Attn: Cashier, 7390 South 6th Street, Klamath Falls, OR 97603.
Student name and student identification number must be clearly identified on all payments. This information will assist the College in properly crediting payments.
Third-party payment arrangements can be made as a courtesy of the Business Office. Third-party payment authorizations may be available through agencies or companies, financial aid, scholarships, and veterans educational benefits. To avoid a late fee, third party authorizations must be on file by the add/drop deadline.
Failure to make timely payments, or to make satisfactory payment arrangements by the due date, may result in late fees and/or an administrative drop from classes. Unpaid balances from prior terms must be paid in full before registering for another term. Other college services, such as grades, transcripts, diplomas, registration privileges, or any combination thereof may be withheld if students do not make satisfactory arrangements to meet their financial obligation to the College.
Students who have returned a signed financial aid award letter (which is also accepted electronically), have obtained written payment confirmation from a third party, or who have appropriate documentation on file in the business office, may register for classes without making payment by the first day of class. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that the College has received written agency authorization. Please be aware that students are legally responsible for payment if third party payment or other aid payments are not received by the College for any reason. It is important that students keep track of any balances not covered by financial aid or third party payments, and pay them in a timely manner. If these uncovered balances are not paid by the due date, late fees will be applied and an administrative drop from classes may occur. If students are receiving financial assistance from sources outside the College, they must work closely with those sources to meet KCC’s registration deadlines.
Two installment plans are available for students at the cashier’s desk, depending on their account balance. If the account balance is between $275 and $549, an arrangement for two equal payments is available. If the account balance is greater than $550, an arrangement for three equal payments is available. Installment agreements must be initiated by the add/drop deadline. There is a fee of $10 for an installment plan. Students who fail to meet the terms of the agreement will be assessed late fees and administrative withdrawal from classes may occur. Balances from prior terms must be paid in full before registering for another term. Failure to comply with this agreement may result in late fees.
Veterans Payment Plan
There is a no-charge payment plan option available to U.S. veterans attending college, depending on the account balance. If the account balance is between $275 and $549, an arrangement for two equal payments is available. If the account balance is greater than $550, an arrangement for three equal payments is available. Installment agreements must be initiated by the add/drop deadline. Failure to comply with this agreement may result in late fees and/or administrative drop from classes.
Active Duty Military using Tuition Assistance (TA) funds
In accordance with the Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act of 2016, 38 U.S.C. 3679(c). Veterans shall be charged the in-state rate, or otherwise considered a resident, for tuition and fee purposes if any of the following circumstances are met:
- A veteran using educational assistance under either chapter 30 (Montgomery GI® Bill - Active Duty Program) or chapter 33 (Post-9/11 GI Bill®), of title 38, United States Code, who lives in Oregon while attending a school located in Oregon (regardless of his/her formal State of residence) and enrolls in the school within three years of discharge or release from a period of active duty service of 90 days or more.
- Anyone using transferred Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits (38 U.S.C. § 3319) who lives in Oregon while attending a school located in Oregon (regardless of his/her formal State of residence) and enrolls in the school within three years of the transferor’s discharge or release from a period of active duty service of 90 days or more.
- Anyone described above while he or she remains continuously enrolled (other than during regularly scheduled breaks between courses, semesters, or terms) at the same school. The person so described must have enrolled in the school prior to the expiration of the three year period following discharge or release as described above and must be using educational benefits under either chapter 30 or chapter 33, of title 38, United States Code.
- Anyone using benefits under the Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship (38 U.S.C. § 3311(b)(9)) who lives in Oregon while attending a school located in Oregon (regardless of his/her formal State of residence).
- Anyone using transferred Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits (38 U.S.C. § 3319) who lives in Oregon while attending a school located in Oregon (regardless of his/her formal state of residence) and the transferor is a member of the uniformed service who is serving on active duty.
- The policy shall be read to be amended as necessary to be compliant with the requirements of 38 U.S.C. 3679(c) as amended.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
An add/drop form must be completed by the student and processed by Enrollment Services in order for the Business Office to process refunds. No refunds will be provided for withdrawals made after the drop deadlines (shown below). Credit balances resulting from payments made after a course is dropped by third party sponsors, financial aid, or scholarships will be returned to the provider.
If the College cancels a class, enrolled students are entitled to a full refund of tuition and applicable fees for that class. Students dropping a class will be issued a refund based upon the following criteria:
|Class Refund Length
||By first Friday of the term
||By end of first day of classes
|Less than 2 weeks
||Prior to first class meeting
An individual or business may purchase a gift certificate to be used toward credit or non-credit class tuition and/or fees associated with class attendance. The certificate may be issued in any dollar amount, but it must be used within one year from the date of purchase. Please contact the Business Office at (541) 882-3521 for further information regarding certificate purchases and redemptions.