Two-Year Associate of Applied Science Degree
The AAS in Agriculture Science is designed for those students seeking a career in the agriculture industry and to provide students with the skills and knowledge necessary to be successful as an entrepreneur, employee, or as a student at a four-year institution. The curriculum is closely aligned with both the Oregon and national standards for agriculture and natural resource education.
Students will receive education in animal science, plant science, soil science, agribusiness management, agriculture mechanization, and natural resource management. The combination of these skills and abilities will prepare students for the exciting challenges awaiting them in the field of agriculture.
For more information about the program, please see our program page: www.klamathcc.edu/agriculture
Credit for Prior Learning
This program may provide prior learning credit and extended learning opportunities for persons previously or currently employed in related professions.
For more information: https://www.klamathcc.edu/cpl
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Explain the size and scope of the agriculture industry and their place in it.
- Apply a greater degree of agricultural literacy.
- Make decisions based on biological and economic data in order to maximize the effectiveness of agricultural systems.
- Explain the wide array of employment and career opportunities in the agriculture industry.
- Interpret scientific information to discern between scientific truths and individual bias.
- Use technical skills that will benefit them as an agriculturalist.