Two-year Associate of General Studies Degree
For anyone hoping for a career in counseling, teaching, research, mental health and human services, business, human relations, parole and probation, career and school counseling, marketing, and many other careers, the KCC psychology program is a great place to begin. The versatility of this degree program is unmatched.
In addition to expertise in a wide variety of psychological concepts, the curriculum is designed to help students achieve in-depth critical thinking, group dynamics, interpersonal communication, public speaking, and professional competency skills. Students will participate in the synergy of a cohesive program working together to achieve each of their educational, career, and life goals. Via visits from professionals in the field, field trips, and a wide variety other of hands-on experiences, students will gain real access to resume building volunteer, part-time, and potentially full-time satisfying career opportunities.
Students who complete the degree and wish to further their education will then discover the continuity that ties the KCC psychology program to other higher education institutions for seamless, no loss of credit, transfer options.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Apply psychological principles to individual and social issues.
- Describe major psychological theories.
- Differentiate among psychological disorders.
- Evaluate human behavior in the context of human development, and society/culture.
- Evaluate human behavior in the context of biology and society/culture.
- Evaluate human behavior in the context of learning and cognition.
- Evaluate human behavior in the context of psychotherapy.