Less-Than-One-Year Certificate of Completion
The Medical Office Administrative Assistant Certificate prepares students for a supporting role as a medical receptionist, information clerk, or medical secretary. Students will perform administrative duties in a medical, clinical, or healthcare related office environment.
Students develop skills in medical office procedures and tasks, along with medical terminology, keyboarding, editing and formatting, office software applications, office computations, records management, medical insurance and billing, medical legal and ethical issues, electronic health records, oral and written communication, critical thinking, team building, and problem solving. The certificate is available online or hybrid format. This certificate aligns with the Health Information Management Associate of Science degree.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the certifcate, students will be able to:
- Interact in a caring and respectful manner with patients, families, and the health care team.
- Establish and manage office procedures and implement medical documentation systems using appropriate medical terminology.
- Verify and apply billing and revenue tasks
- Uphold legal and ethical standards and confidentiality for patient privacy.
- Assist physicians with reports, articles and conference proceedings