Two-Year Associate of Applied Science Degree
Digital technology jobs are fast becoming a major career pathway with new opportunities being created daily. This program prepares multimedia and web design technicians with broad-based, entry-level media and communications skills for a variety of industries and agencies. The program’s leading-edge courses prepare students to be competitive and job ready in a number of settings. Examples include video and media production, graphics, web and mobile app design, mobile game development, and website design and development.
Industry certifications are also available for students to earn professional awards from Adobe in Photoshop, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver programming as well as Certified Internet Web Professional (CIW) website design awards.
Our 15 core media technology courses include in-demand job specialties such as code development for state-of-the-art responsive website design, mobile web apps, e-commerce, social media marketing, mobile gaming development, 3D and augmented reality, video production and editing, design graphics, digital drawing, multimedia project management, and opportunities to work in business and industry sponsored internships. This experience and knowledge provides graduates the skills they need to be competitive for employment.
This program will be attractive to traditional students expecting to transfer to a four-year institution, non-traditional and adult students who are learning new media skills to enhance their employability, and individuals wanting to update their knowledge and learn current best practices for new technology jobs and prepare for advancement with current employers.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Produce digital and interactive projects in a variety of media.
- Develop websites with HTML, CSS, and content management systems.
- Design applications that include multiple forms of media such as text, graphics, audio, video, and animation.
- Manipulate variables with computer software applications.
- Apply visual design strategies to interactive multimedia projects.
- Use social media to connect with customers and improve business performance.