One-Year Certificate of Completion
Business Administration certificates are offered to students seeking employment in occupations related to business functions such as management, marketing, retail, human resources, and sales. The AAS is typically the best option for students who plan to continue their education and complete a bachelor’s degree in a related area.
A one-year certificate of completion can provide the foundation necessary for entry-level business occupations and can also be the first stage of completion for a student who then wants to continue on and complete the AAS. This certificate can also provide supplemental education for students in other programs who desire to graduate with general business knowledge as well.
Program coursework focuses on the fundamental areas of business, including management, accounting, marketing, international business, finance, business law, economics, and use of computers in business operations. Theory and current trends are explored, and numerous opportunities exist for practical application of concepts to actual organizational situations. Business ethics and workplace dynamics are addressed throughout this program with strong focus on professional communication and interpersonal skills.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the certificate, students will be able to:
- Apply concepts, methods, and tools of management in an ethical manner to typical business operations.
- Explain the primary components of general business law, including the court system, contracts, principal/agent law, and common business structures as they relate to standard business operations.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
- Explain marketing concepts as they relate to the primary functions and competitive advantage of a business or organization.
- Create components of a standard business plan, including financial, marketing, and other common business functions related to development and operation of a business entity.