One-Year Certificate of Completion
The Computer Support Technician Certificate is intended for students who seek technical training in information system support that involves a network environment and hardware repair.
Students will have a strong foundation in hardware, networks, and software, as well as a solid background in mathematics, writing, and communication. The curriculum provides students an intensive, hands-on experience working with networks, hardware, and software.
Those who complete this program will have the advantage of being amply prepared for entry-level positions in information systems support involving a network environment and computer repair. The program includes an internship with a local company’s information system (IS) department as well as the opportunity to earn industry-recognized, third-party certifications in hardware, software, and networking.
Employment opportunities for those wishing to enter the work force immediately upon program completion include information systems support technician, computer repair technician, and network and systems administrator.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the certificate, students will be able to:
- Apply the common network protocols, standards, and the fundamentals of IP addressing.
- Demonstrate how to connect network hardware and configure network software in a server system.
- Demonstrate how to configure a wireless network.
- Demonstrate workplace safety and hardware handling procedures.
- Identify, test, and install PC hardware components.
- Demonstrate the procedures for installing, configuring, and backing up software.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate with nontechnical end users and provide a high level of customer service.