One-Year Certificate of Completion
Business Administration certificates are offered to students seeking employment in occupations related to business functions such as management, marketing, retail, human resources, and sales. Coursework in marketing is most beneficial for students who are specifically interested in marketing-related occupations such as sales, advertising, retail management, purchasing, or other marketing functions. The AAS is typically the best option for students who plan to continue their education and complete a bachelor’s degree in marketing. A one-year certificate of completion is available in marketing and sales. This certificate can provide the foundation necessary for entry level marketing occupations, and can also be the first stage of completion for a student who then desires to continue on and complete the AAS.
Another option is completion of the Retail Management Statewide Certificate, designed to teach specific industry recognized skills that are vital for those interested in management throughout the retail industry. Please refer to the description of the Retail Certificate for additional information. Students choosing to focus on any certificates should work very closely with their advisor to select the appropriate coursework.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the certificate, students will be able to:
- Apply concepts, methods, and tools of management in an ethical manner to typical business operations.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
- Explain marketing concepts as they relate to the primary functions and competitive advantage of a business or organization.
- Apply social media tools and strategies to business operations and general marketing strategies.
- Analyze the primary components of the retail mix as they relate to best practices in the retail and service industry.
- Demonstrate personal selling strategies using techniques that are considered effective in a particular industry.