Less-Than-One-Year Certificate of Completion
The Office Support Specialist Career Pathway Certificate allows students to gain the knowledge, attitudes, and office skills needed for employment in entry-level administrative assistant/office support specialist roles. Students completing this certificate gain a competitive advantage when applying for positions in a wide variety of settings including small businesses, schools, and government agencies.
For students who plan to continue their education, credits earned transfer to the Administrative Office Professional Certificate and the Administrative Office Professional Associate of Applied Science degree. This alignment allows students to build on program completion while pursuing additional educational goals.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the certificate, students will be able to:
- Use business software applications to create a variety of business documents.
- Apply critical thinking and technology skills to solve a business problem.
- Use software to set up and manage meetings, events, and complete travel arrangements.
- Design effective presentations.
- Receive, interpret and follow both written and verbal instructions in a simulated office environment.
- Use communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills for internal and external customer support.
It is recommended that students complete MTH 020 or place into MTH 070.